The Gorge Parish Council will consider applications for grants from voluntary groups or charitable organisations.
To qualify for an award the applicant must be able to demonstrate that any funding from The Gorge Parish Council will benefit the Parish, or residents of the Parish.
Grant applications will be dealt with by the Full Council.
In determining the validity of an application, the committees will refer to the following guidelines:
Applications will be considered for the following purposes: –
- For the purpose of purchasing equipment either in part or in full.
- For the funding of transport that will enable group members to partake in a group trip or outing regardless of their incomes.
- For training activities, or to purchase the expertise of an outside trainer/ instructor/ facilitator.
- For activities that raise the profile of the area.
- For running costs of a viable group that is experiencing a period of hardship.
- For hosting special events or celebrations.
- For the provision of recreational facilities.
- Grants will not be awarded to individuals
- Additional applications within a 12 month period will not normally be considered.
- The award must be used for the purpose for which the application was made.
- If the group is unable to use the award for the stated purpose, all monies must be returned to The Gorge Parish Council.
- All awards must be properly accounted for and evidence of expenditure should be supplied as requested. If The Gorge Parish Council is not satisfied with the arrangements, they reserve the right to request a refund of monies awarded.
- Donations to Registered Charities in response to a general fundraising appeal will be restricted to an upper limit of £100.00.
- Groups operating outside the parish boundary will normally be limited to an upper limit of £100.
- Any Charity, Voluntary Group or Community Organisation.
- Agencies that operate within The Gorge Parish and are of benefit to the local community, with the following provisos:
- The Gorge Parish Council will not fund activities that it considers to be the responsibility of a Statutory Authority.
- Applications from schools for an activity that takes place within the school day will not be considered.
- The Gorge Parish Council will not fund activities outside its powers and functions.